Dear Parent and Carers,
On behalf of all the staff at the college, I want to say a big thank you to our students, parents and carers for your continued resilience and support during Term 3.
I know remote and flexible learning has not always been easy, but through our collective efforts, our students have continued to make valuable progress in their learning. You can be confident the college will continue to extend students who have flourished and support any student who has fallen behind to catch up.
Term 4 is important for every student, and our teachers will strive to deliver high-quality learning for every student. Whether we’re teaching remotely or face-to-face, our focus for Term 4 is on making sure that every student is supported in their wellbeing, learning and transition needs. The Buckley Park College’s Continuity of Learning Plan which will outline the college processes as we have a phased return back to onsite learning in Term 4. Please CLICK HERE to view.
In Term 4 on-site schooling arrangements for students are as follows:5
–9 October (first week of Term 4)
From 12 October (second week of Term 4)
- Remote learning will continue for all students
- VCE and VCAL students can only attend on-site for essential assessments, including the General Achievement Test (GAT) on Wednesday 7 October
- on-site supervision for children of permitted workers and vulnerable students will continue to be provided, consistent with existing guidelines.
- Year 11 and 12 students will attend on-site schooling full time. Year 10 students enrolled in a VCE or VCAL program will attend for those units only
- remote and flexible learning will continue for all students in Year 7 to Year 10 (except Year 10 students studying VCE and VCAL units)
- on-site supervision will remain available for students in Year 7 to Year 10 who are the children of permitted workers and vulnerable students.
This will continue until a date is set for the return of all students to on-site learning, based on health advice.
As on-site schooling resumes, the college will continue to have in place strong measures to protect the health and safety of students, staff, families and the community which were introduced in Term 3. This includes restricting parent access to school grounds, continued emphasis on hand hygiene and physical distancing where possible.
We know some families are worried about their child’s progress due to disruptions from coronavirus (COVID-19). There is little evidence to support the benefits of repeating a year to catch up. Instead, schools will use teaching strategies that draw on the best evidence available to help students meet their learning needs.
Parents, families and carers can be confident that the best option for almost every child is to stay with their peer group.
The staff at Buckley Park College, working together with you, has shown we are well placed in responding to the challenges of coronavirus (COVID-19) and will continue to meet student needs as we look towards the end of the 2020 school year and ahead to 2021.
We wish all our students will have a re-energising Term Break and we look forward to seeing our students returning progressively in Term 4.
Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.