Our School Council is a legally formed body that is given powers to set the key directions of the College. It is the major governing body of the College and decides future directions for the College and oversees the College's operation.
The role of School Council:
- to establish broad direction and vision of the College within the Learning Community.
- to develop and monitor the College Strategic Plan.
- to develop, review and update the College policies.
- to develop, review and monitor the Student Code of Conduct and the Student Dress Code.
- to raise funds for College related purposes.
- to approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure.
- to maintain the College's grounds and facilities.
- to enter into contracts (e.g. cleaning).
- to report annually to the Learning Community and to DEECD.
- to stimulate interest in the College generally.
College Council does not:
- manage the College.
- employ teaching staff.
- represent sectional interests.
- renew the Principal's contract or hire and fire the Principal.
- determine class allocations.
- discuss individual issues between teachers and students and/or parents.
The Buckley Park College School Council always offers an open invitation to all College and Community members to attend and participate in Sub-Committee meetings.
Council Members 2020
- President – Josie Piscopo
- Vice President – Jacqui Caulfield
- Treasurer – Christine Clancy
- Executive Officer and Principal - Harold Cheung
- Josie Piscopo
- Jacqui Caulfield
- Christine Clancy
- Joe Iozzi
- Kevin O’Neill
- Maria Lelekakis
- Jessica Margariti
- Geoff Currie
- Craig Dunstan
- Susann Mitchell
- Louise Gaynor
- Ulysses Reid
- Eva Evgenidis